- hindi news
- Career
- Lucknow 69000 Teacher Scam Protest | Candidates Crawl To Ministers House
3 hours ago
- copy link

In Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, candidates are crawling like insects to reach the residence of the UP Education Minister. Its video is going viral on social media.
Candidates are protesting to demand recruitment of 69 thousand teachers in UP. Besides, the candidates are also symbolically protesting against the Chief Justice’s ‘cockroach’ statement. He says that the government considered him an insect, that is why he is crawling and protesting.
On the afternoon of 18th May, in the scorching heat, these protesters crawled on the road and reached the residence of Education Minister Sandeep Singh in Lucknow and demonstrated there.
Allegation of irregularities in reservation of backward classes
In the year 2019, UP Basic Education Council had conducted the examination for the recruitment of 69 thousand assistant teachers. Its notification was issued in 2018. In this recruitment, there were a total of 18,598 seats in the OBC category, but only 2,637 seats were given to OBC candidates.
The protesting candidates allege that only 3.86% reservation was given to OBC instead of 27%. Similarly, SC candidates got only 16.6% reservation instead of 21%.
Candidates allege that Basic Education Rule 1981 and Reservation Rule 1994 have been violated in this recruitment. Reserved category seats have been given to others.

Bhim Army President Chandrashekhar also participated in the candidates’ demonstration in August 2021. Candidates have been continuously protesting from time to time demanding recruitment.
This matter is pending in the Supreme Court since 2024. The protesting candidates say that the government is not advocating in this case pending in the Supreme Court.
Due to this, no settlement is being achieved in the case and this case is still pending in the Supreme Court. The protesters demand that the government should represent its lawyer in this case so that the matter can be settled soon.
NCBC and Allahabad High Court admitted that reservation rule was not followed.
In the matter of recruitment of 69 thousand teachers, the National Commission for Backward Classes i.e. NCBC had sought answers from the UP government on non-compliance of reservation rules. Besides, in its report the Commission had also asked to take action against Basic Education officers.
Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court, while canceling the entire list of 69000 teacher recruitment in August 2024 itself, ordered to release the entire list within 3 months following the Basic Education Rule 1981 and Reservation Rule 1994.
CM Yogi said- recruitment will be out soon
UP Government had last released 69,000 recruitment for PRT i.e. Primary Teacher in 2019. After this, no new teacher recruitment has been done at the primary level in the Basic Education Department.
Similarly, for TGT/PGT i.e. Secondary Teacher, last time recruitment was done on about 3,539 posts in 2022. This recruitment was done by the Secondary Education Service Selection Board.
46,944 posts vacant in schools, Education Minister said – ‘Enough teachers to teach’
In February this year, UP Education Minister Sandeep Singh had refused to withdraw the recruitment. In the Assembly, Samajwadi Party MLA Anil Pradhan had asked whether the government was going to start recruitment of new teachers in the Basic Education Department. In response to this, the Minister had said in writing that 46,944 posts of assistant teachers are vacant in Basic Education Council schools.
However, the government will not consider making new recruitment for TET pass candidates after 2022. The minister had said that at present sufficient teachers and Shikshamitras are working in the council schools.

Protests took place many times before, 3 protests this year
There have been many protests regarding this matter. Apart from 18 May, candidates protested on 22 April and 2 February. Last year also, on October 25, 2025, angry candidates had surrounded the residence of Education Minister Sandeep Singh and Deputy CM Keshav Maurya and raised slogans.
Apart from this, demonstrations also took place in August and May 2025. Protests took place in September, February and January in 2024. Performances in December, August, July, June in November 2023 and 2021.
Story – Sonali Rai
—————————
Read this news also…
CBSE reduced the per-question revaluation fee from 100 to 25: If even one mark is increased, the entire fee will be refunded, decision after protest by students.

The Education Ministry has reduced the Central Board of Secondary Education i.e. CBSE revaluation fees. Now for the scanned copy of the answer sheet, you will have to pay only Rs 100 instead of Rs 700. For marks verification or totaling, Rs 100 will have to be paid instead of Rs 500. At the same time, for getting the copy checked again per question, now only Rs 25 will be charged instead of Rs 100. The Education Ministry has taken this decision amid protests from students after the 12th board results. Read the full news…
